Statue of Richard I
Equestrian statue. 1860 by Baron Marochetti. Bronze equestrian statue on granite pedestal with bronze bas-relief panels.
Statue of Oliver Cromwell in Front of Wminster Hall
Commemorative statue. 1899, by Hamo Thornycroft. Portland stone base and bronze standing figure of Cromwell with lion.
Statue of George V
Statue. Mid C20. By Sir William Reid Dick.
Victoria Tower Lodge and Gates to Black Rod Garden
Lodge and gates. c.1850-60 by Sir Charles Barry and Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, part of the rebuilding of the Palace of Westminster as the Houses of Parliament. Magnesian limestone, Gothic/Tudor domestic.
Statue of Mrs Emmeline Pankhurst
Also known as the Jewel House and the King's Privy Wardrobe, the Jewel Tower was built in 1364 to hold King Edward III's treasures. It is one of only two surviving buildings of the medieval Palace of Westminster and contains a 14th-century vault.
Former Dock Retaining Walls to Moat Around Jewel House
Quay retaining walls. Medieval, antedating the Jewel Tower. Ashlar faced quay, the remains of a dock serving Westminster Palace uncovered in 1963-64 excavations and now forming a moat to the south, west and north of the Jewel Tower in the garden around it.
Church of St Margaret, Wminster
Parish church. Cll/C12 foundation, rebuilt early C16: c1504 the nave and aisles, with west tower begun 1515, chancel c1518; by the Westminster Abbey masons Robert Stowell and Henry Redman. Extensive C18 and C19 restoration: most of tower rebuilt 1735-37 by John James; 1778 south east vestry; west porch by J L Pearson; projecting east end of chancel 1905 by G G Scott.
Clerk of Works Office and Remains of Chapel of St Catherine; Little Cloisters Lodgings
Gates, Railings, Gate Piers to New Palace Yard, Houses of Parliament
Gates, gate piers and railings. c1860-67 by E M Barry. Portland stone and cast and wrought iron.
Abbey Precinct Wall
Statuary Group of Burghers of Calais
6 Lampstandards in St Margaret's Churchyard Lettered G
Lampstandards. Mid C19. Cast iron.
14 Lampstandards Flanking Carriage Drive in New Palace Yard, Houses of Parliament
Lampstandards. c1860-67. Cast iron.
This former abbey church is the national church of Britain, used for royal coronations and weddings. Built in the 13th and 14th centuries, it is filled with important tombs and monuments.
River Embankment From Houses of Parliment to Lambeth Bridge
The Great Cloisters
Abbey precinct buildings, partly in school use. C.11 and C.12 remains; Henry III's mid C.13 rebuild; C.14 and C.16 work; and C.17 to C.19 alterations and restorations for the Collegiate Church and School, with war damage repair/rebuilding. Principally stone with Reigate stone and Purbeck marble for C.13/C.14 work, brick for some of C.17 and later alterations; slate, tile and leaded roofs.
St Margaret's Churchyard Railings, Obelisks and Bollards
Railings, obelisk-piers and incorporated bollards. Early C18. Cast iron railings with urn finials and 10 Portland stone obelisk-piers and 30 Portland stone octagonal bollards, along north and part of east curtilage.
Abbey (Canons') Garden
Former canon's house now offices. 1882 by J.L. Pearson.