Coach House with Attached Screen Walls, Gateway and Retaining Walls Attached to SE of Lanh Lanhydrock, England

Coach house, with attached screen walls and retaining walls to the service yard. The coach house was built in 1857, designed in the office of George Gilbert Scott, for Thomas James Agar ; the screen walls with gateways and the retaining walls to the service yard were probably added in 1882 after the fire at Lanhydrock House, probably built by Richard Coad. The coach house is in granite ashlar ; slate roof with ridge tiles and gable ends, which have raised coped verges with scrolled kneelers.

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
445769
NHLE ID
1143089
Names
Coach House with Attached Screen Walls, Gateway and Retaining Walls Attached to SE of Lanh
Coordinates
50.4406130° N, 4.6969880° W

Location Map

Map showing the location of Coach House with Attached Screen Walls, Gateway and Retaining Walls Attached to SE of Lanh, Lanhydrock, England. (Note: The address shown in the upper-left panel is sometimes inaccurate.) Click here to view larger.

view all →

Timeline

15 Apr 1988
Coach House with Attached Screen Walls, Gateway and Retaining Walls Attached to SE of Lanhydrock House designated a Grade II listed building
view all →

Listed Building Data

Coach House with Attached Screen Walls, Gateway and Retaining Walls Attached to SE of Lanh is listed on the National Heritage List for England with the following data. Some information may have become outdated since the date of listing. Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.

List Entry ID
1143089
Grade
II*
Name
COACH HOUSE WITH ATTACHED SCREEN WALLS, GATEWAY AND RETAINING WALLS ATTACHED TO SOUTH EAST OF LANHYDROCK HOUSE
Location
COACH HOUSE WITH ATTACHED SCREEN WALLS, GATEWAY AND RETAINING WALLS ATTACHED TO SOUTH EAST OF LANHYDROCK HOUSE
Grid Reference
SX 08590 63561