Tokeland Hotel Tokeland, Washington

1-9 / 9
Construction of Tokeland Hotel
Lizzie and William Kindred construct a family farmhouse: a two-story wood frame building with a gabled roof, brick fireplace in the north wall, and covered porch facing the bay
William Kindred serves as Tokeland's post­ master; post office operates out of Tokeland Hotel
The Kindreds construct a two-story addition, giving the building an "L" shape, and formally open for business as the Kindred Inn
Construction of a second wing, creating the building's current "C" shape; gas lighting and a second large fireplace are added
c. 1920-c. 1939
Maude Kindred remodels interior and adds plumbing system to keep up with increasing standards of the "sawdust aristocracy" and travelers from throughout the Northwest
c. 1950
Composition shingles are applied over the original split shakes, which had become weathered
Tokeland Hotel is painted "barn red"
11 Apr 1978
Tokeland Hotel added to National Register of Historic Places