McLoughlin House Oregon City, Oregon

The Georgian-style home of Dr. John McLoughlin, founder and mayor of Oregon City, built in 1846. Moved from its original location by the river in 1909, it is now a museum and part of the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
250717
Names
McLoughlin House
McLoughlin House, Oregon City
Coordinates
45.3572734° N, 122.6057478° W

Location Map

Map showing the location of the McLoughlin House, Oregon City, Oregon. (Note: The address shown in the upper-left panel is sometimes inaccurate.) Click here to view larger.

Aerial View

Aerial view of the McLoughlin House, Oregon City, Oregon. (Note: The address shown in the upper-left panel is sometimes inaccurate.) Click here to view larger.

view all →

Timeline

1845
Construction of McLoughlin House
15 Oct 1966
McLoughlin House added to National Register of Historic Places
view all →

National Register Data

The McLoughlin House has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places with the following information. Note: some of this data may have become outdated since the listing date. View full NRHP data →

National Register ID
66000637
Date Listed
19661015
Name
McLoughlin House National Historic Site
Address
McLoughlin Park, between 7th and 8th Sts.
City/Town
Oregon City
County
Clackamas
State
Oregon
Category
building
Level of Significance
national
Years of Significance
1845; 1846; 1909
Areas of Significance
MILITARY; EXPLORATION/SETTLEMENT