Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.
TA 2782 SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PARK ROAD, NW1 (West Side) 34/16 Francis Holland Church of Engiand School G.V. II School. 1915 by H T Hare. Red brick with stone dressings; tiled roof. Corner site splayed at Ivor Place junction. Free Style mid C17 design with emphasis on massing and wall plane and good fenestration with restrained Stuart detailing. 2 storeys on semi-basement and dormered attic. 12 windows wide to Park Road, entrance to corner splay and 11-window return to Ivor Place. Pilastered doorway set forward, with 3 small windows immediately above, finished with corner obelisks, and mullioned-transomed canted bay window to 1st floor; the doorway arch has foliated stops with carved date. Mullioned and transomed leaded light windows flank doorway and are repeated along main street elevations articulated by very shallow pilaster strips. Hipped dormers in roof which has flat plastered eaves. Spiked lantern over main entrance. Parapet wall to area has swept treatment and obelisk finialed gate piers flanking approach to corner entrance... read more