Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.
CHIPPING NORTON CHURCH STREET SP 3027-3127 (north side) 3/6 Nos 1-4 (consecutive, 23.4.52 Almshouses) GV II* Almshouses. 1640 as recorded on datestone which reads 'The work and Gift of Henry Cornish. Gent. 1640'. Coursed rubble stone and stone dressings with a gabled stone tiled roof and 9 ridge stacks some renewed. Roadside facade of 8 gabled tenements with 2-light mullion windows, dripstones in the gable and 3-light mullions to the ground floor set beneath a continuous string course. C19 casements to all openings and C19 plank doors to each cottage beneath pedimented hoods. Originally 8, now 4 dwellings.
Listing NGR: SP3133427279