Circular Congregational Church and Parish House Charleston, SC

Built about 1806, this small Greek Revival temple with graceful twin stairways and notable wrought-iron railings is a good example of Mills' ability to design a temple-style building that is stately in spite of its modest size.

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
271460
Names
Circular Congregational Church and Parish House
view all →

Timeline

7 Nov 1973
Circular Congregational Church and Parish House designated a National Historic Landmark
7 Nov 1973
Circular Congregational Church and Parish House added to National Register of Historic Places
view all →

National Register Data

Circular Congregational Church and Parish House has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places with the following information. Note: some of this data may have become outdated since the listing date. View full NRHP data →

National Register ID
73001683
Date Listed
19731107
Name
Circular Congregational Church and Parish House
Address
150 Meeting St.
City/Town
Charleston
County
Charleston
State
South Carolina
Category
building
Creators
Mills, Robert
Level of Significance
national
Years of Significance
c. 1806; c. 1892
Areas of Significance
ARCHITECTURE