St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph)

Former parish church now house. Built c. 1424 following a bequest by Maud, Countess of Salisbury. Chancel demolished, the rest re-roofed and altered 1753. Grave of Nicholas Hawksmoor in churchyard.

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
605942
NHLE ID
1308251
Names
St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph)
Coordinates
51.7030070° N, 0.2891000° W

Location Map

Map showing the location of St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph), Shenley, England. (Note: The address shown in the upper-left panel is sometimes inaccurate.) Click here to view larger.

view all →

Timeline

1424
Construction of St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph)
25 Feb 1952
St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph) designated a Grade II listed building
view all →

Listed Building Data

St Botolphs (Former Church of St Botolph) is listed on the National Heritage List for England with the following data. Some information may have become outdated since the date of listing. Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.

List Entry ID
1308251
Grade
II*
Name
ST BOTOLPHS
Location
ST BOTOLPHS
Grid Reference
TL 18325 01859