Image #42815

Holywell Church (Chapel of St Cross), Oxford
The Church in Holywell was originally a chapel belonging to the Church of St Peter-in-the-East, and was dedicated to the Holy Cross (hence its name, St Cross). In 1957, when St Peter-in-the-East Church closed down, Holywell (St Cross) Church took over its parish. In 2008 Holywell Church closed down after over 800 years of worship, and is now Balliol Historic Collections Centre. The University Church of St Mary-the-Virgin will take over its former parish. Link Link Credit: . .