Cassington, England, UK
early 12th cent.
Founded in the early 12th century, Cassington Church was served by ministers from Christ Church, Oxford. Today it retains its single nave and many original Norman elements.
Church of St James
Slapton, England, UK
Parish church. C13 or early C14 with tower. Early C14 chancel.
Church of Saint Mary
Nave, transepts and tower rebuilt by Sir William Wilson in 1697-1704 after destruction in the great fire of 1694. Design supervised and perhaps modified by Sir Christopher Wren. This curious and interesting building retains much of the Gothic spirit although details and mouldings are Renaissance in character. Late C14 chancel. Norman crypt.
Selby, England, UK
According to tradition, Selby Abbey was founded in 1069 and was the earliest Benedictine monastery in the north of England. Now a parish church, the building features a Norman nave, a Gothic chancel, a 14th-century Jesse Window, another window with ties to George Washington, and a variety of other interesting details.
Church of St Mary
Ottery St. Mary, England
Consecrated by Bishop Bronescombe in 1260. Altered and added to by Bishop Grandison circa 1330.
Church of St Wulfram
South Kesteven, England, UK
The Parish Church of St. Wulfram in Grantham, Lincolnshire, is famed for its tall and elegant steeple. Parts of the church date from before 1280.
Church of Holy Trinity
Long Melford, England, UK
A magnificent example of late perpendicular clerestoryed nave and chancel rebuilt on the site of an earlier church between circa 1460 and circa 1495. The 5 west bays have the C14 piers of the earlier church.
Church of St Pynnochus
St. Pinnock, England, UK
Church of St Marylebone
London, England, UK
Parish church. 1813-18 by Thomas Hardwick; the chancel remodelled by Thomas Harris, 1883-84. Portland stone; slate roof.
Church of St Hydroc
Lanhydrock, England, UK
Parish church. Probably early C15, enlarged later C15. Alterations of circa 1621, by Sir Richard Robartes ; south aisle dated WS WD 1736 (not wholly legible).
Church of St Andrew
Ogbourne St. Andrew, England, UK
Church of St Mary
Parish Church. C12,C13, C14, C15 and C16; restored 1856 by G.E. Street; chancel restored 1874 by C.