Artists who specialize in painting watercolors, which are works of art, generally on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush.

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
watercolorists American English
watercolorist American English
watercolorist's American English
watercolorists' American English
painters, watercolor American English
water-colorists American English
watercolor painters American English
water-colourists British English
water-colourist British English
water-colourist's British English
water-colourists' British English
painters, water-colour British English
painters, watercolour British English
watercolourist British English
watercolourists British English
water-colour painters British English
watercolour painters British English
aquarellisten Dutch
aquarellist Dutch
pintor de acuarelas Spanish
acuarelista Spanish
view all →


  1. 1.  The Getty Art & Architecture Thesaurus, 300025157. The J. Paul Getty Trust.