Number 4 5 and 6 and Attached Pump
3 terraced chambers formed by the rear of Nos 337 and 338 High Holborn and Nos 1-4 Holborn Bars (qv). They form the north side of a courtyard. cl586 but altered in C18 and refaced in brick 1826.
Number 7 and 8
2 terraced chambers forming the eastern side of a courtyard. 1731-34, restored late C19. Due to war damage, rebuilt externally in facsimile c1955 by Edward Maufe.
Obelisk Marking City Boundary on S Side of Road
Obelisk marking City boundary on south side of roadway. Mid C19. Granite.
Lamp Post in Staple Inn Court
Lamp-post. Cl9. Cast iron with fluted standard, lantern of Windsor pattern and ladder bar.
337 and 338, High Holborn
Two chambers and later shop. The rear of these buildings forms No.4 Staple Inn (qv). c1586 for Vincent Engham, Principal of the Inn.
Royal Fusiliers War Memorial
Staple Inn Buildings N and S
Offices. c1903 with later shop, by Alfred Waterhouse. Red brick with terracotta dressings and granite faced ground floor.
The Institute of Actuaries
3 terraced chambers forming the western side of a courtyard; No.2 with a return to the garden. 1757-59, restored late C19. Due to war damage, rebuilt externally in facsimile c1955 by Edward Maufe.
Obelisk Marking City Boundary on N Side of Roadway
9 and 10, Staple Inn
2 terraced chambers, No.9 forming a part of the south side of a courtyard with an arched passage through to gardens and No.10. No.9, 1729; No.10, 1747. Both restored late C19 and, due to war damage, rebuilt externally in facsimile c1955 by Edward Maufe.
Banqueting hall forming part of the south side of a courtyard. 1581 by for Richard Champion, principal of the Inn. Destroyed during Second World War and rebuilt in facsimile c1955 by Edward Maufe.
Number 10 and Attached Railngs; Number 25 and Attached Railngs
Includes: No 10 FURNIVAL STREET Library and Offices, 1890-1912. By the Office of Works' principal architect, Sir John Taylor. Construction supervised by Sir Henry Tanner (until 1905) and then H.
Prudential Assurance Building
Buildings Adjoining Mercer's School Hall; Mercer's School Hall
Late C14 hall of brick and timber framing, refaced with yellow brick. Timber roof covered with tiles.
32 and 33, Furnival Street EC4
Terraced house. cl720. Brown brick with red brick dressings.
Gatehouse Fronting on to High Holborn; Grays Inn Gatehouse
Gatehouse. 1583, rebuilt c1965 (owing to foundations slipping) with a reproduction of the stucco south facade added 1967. Stucco with rusticated ground floor.
Terraced house. cl720, refronted early Cl9. Yellow stock brick.
Cittie of Yorke Public House