Selby Abbey Places Nearby

6, Crescent

Built shortly after 1793, on the lines of Lansdowne Crescent, Bath, by James Audus the elder (1752-1809), a prominent ship-owner. His son James, an amateur architect, completed The Crescent after the father's death.

2 and 3, Crescent

Built shortly after 1793, on the lines of Lansdowne Crescent, Bath, by James Audus the elder (1752-1809), a prominent ship-owner. His son James, an amateur architect, completed The Crescent after the father's death.

Bank Chambers; National Wminster Bank

Includes No 2 (Bank Chambers), Park Street. Built shortly after 1793 on the lines of Lansdowne Crescent, Bath, by James Audus the elder (1752-1809), a prominent ship-owner.

The Albion Vaults Public House

Built shortly after 1793 on the lines of Lansdowne Crescent, Bath, by James Audus the elder (1752-1809), a prominent ship-owner. His son James, an amateur architect, completed The Crescent after the father's death.

The Londesborough Arms Hotel

Mid C18, as suggested by the following internal evidence. Staircase: acanthus moulded ends to treads, slender vase-shaped balusters, clustered Gothic newels.

14-28, New Street

Early C19, altered in late C19 to form a row of uniformly detailed shops, except for final bay of No 28. This remains as it was built, viz: brown brick; pitched pantile roof; two storeys; brick modillioned eaves cornice; one Yorkshire casement with glazing bars on first floor; and one boarded window on ground floor; door with six sunk panels and oblong fanlights.

4-12, Park Street

Probably begun soon after April 1793; when James Audus the elder, a prominent local shipowner, took a lease from the 9th Lord Petre, the Lord of the Manor of Selby, of the site of the Abbey Gatehouse; which he then took down in connection with his development of The Crescent, to which Park Street is clearly the complement. An alternative date is circa 1832, at which time Park Street became the beginning of the Bawtry Turnpike, formerly running from New Lane.