Ruins of Abbey of St Agatha Places Nearby

Church of St Agatha

Church. C12, c1200, C13 and late C14, restored 1869 by Sir G G Scott. Rubble; artificial slate, stone slate and lead roofs.

Abbey Mill

Marked on Ordnance Survey Map as Abbey Farm. Corn watermill and mill-house, now house. Late C18 - early C19, on much older foundations.

Abbey Gatehouse

Gatehouse to Premonstratensian Abbey of St Agatha. Early C14. Sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings.

The Vicarage

Vicarage. c1868. Rubble with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof.

Easby Hall and Numbers 1 and 2 Easby Court

Marked on old editions of Ordnance Survey Maps as Easby Hall, and on newer editions as Easby House. Country house, with one wing now divided into 2 flats. c1730, for Rev Wm Smith, with later alterations and additions for Leonard Jaques.

Easby Mullions

2 houses, now 1. Late C17, perhaps earlier in origin, with later alterations. Rubble, artificial stone slate roof.

Almshouses

4 almshouses, now one house. Dated 1732, altered 1816. For Rev William Smith.

St Trinian's Hall

House. Early - mid C18, later C18 and c1906. 1906 work for Leonard Jaques of Easby.