Croft Bridge Places Nearby

Church of St Peter

Church. C12, C13, C14 and C15, restored 1876 except for chancel, restored 1887-1900 by J P'Pritchett the younger. Coursed rubble red sandstone and ashlar brown sandstone, Westmorland slate and lead roofs.

Bridge House

Villa. Early-mid C19. Brown brick, Westmorland slate roof.

Woodbine Cottage

House. Late C18 - early C19. Roughcast, C20 concrete interlocking tile roof.

The Limes

House. Early C18. Roughcast, C20 concrete interlocking tile roof.

The Old Rectory and Screen Wall

Rectory, now house, and attached screen wall. Early C18, probably with earlier origins, and with later additions. Orange brick, Westmorland slate roofs.

Ashgrove

Cottage. Early mid C19. Grey-brown brick in Flemish bond, Welsh slate roofs.

Monk End Hall

House. Mainly early C18, with older, possibly C16, origins and later alterations. Brown brick, Westmorland slate roof.

Croft Hall

Manor house. Probably C15 in origin, and probably rebuilt in late C16, classicised in early C18, altered c1845. C15 work for Sir Richard Clervaux, C16 work for Christopher Chaytor, early C18 work for William Chaytor; C19 work for Sir William Chaytor, probably by Ignatius Bonomi.

The Terrace

Lodging house, now 4 houses. Early-mid C19. Brown brick, C20 interlocking tile roof.