Fountains Abbey Mill
Watermill, now stores and workshops. Mid C12, remodelled late C12 and again early C13; altered post 1539 and C19. Gritstone, stone slate roof.
Revetment Walls, Terraces and Steps on N Side of Fountains Hall
Revetment walls, terraces and steps. Early C17 with C19 restoration. Coursed squared limestone.
Steps, Gate Piers and Flanking Walls to Fountains Hall
Steps, gate piers and front garden wall to Fountains Hall (qv). Early C17 with later alterations and restoration. Grey and pink limestone and ashlar.
Large house, now offices and exhibition centre. 1598-1611 for Sir Stephen Proctor, with alterations by Mr Clare Vyner c1930. Grey limestone, stone slate roof.
House. 1749. Coursed squared sandy gritstone, stone slate roof.
Weir on River Skell c. 10 M E of Infirmary at Fountains Abbey
Weir. Probably medieval, for the monks of Fountains Abbey and possibly rebuilt after 1768 for William Aislabie. Gritstone.
Robin Hood's Well
Cover to spring. Probably late C18 or early C19 reusing stone from Fountains Abbey. Coursed squared gritstone.
Gate Piers c. 80 M to N of Park House
Pair of gate piers. C18. Ashlar.
Weir on River Skell c. 120 M W of Reservoir
Weir. Possibly medieval for the monks of Fountains Abbey and rebuilt after 1768 for William Aislabie. Gritstone.
Raised walkway with arches for riding and for a waterfall. Probably c1750. Coursed gritstone rubble.
Bridge c. 200 M N of Rough House
Bridge over River Skell. Mid to late C18, probably for John or William Aislabie of Studley Royal. Ashlar.
Rough House, Also Called Ruffehouse, with Flanking Walls
Statue and Pedestal on W Side of Canal, S End
Statue of Hercules wrestling Anteus. c1730. For John Aislabie.
Rustic Bridge at S End of Canal, with Culvert and Arch to Reservoir
Culvert between the Reservoir and the Canal, with north portal known as the Rustic Bridge. Probably 1729-30 by Robert Doe for John Aislabie. Rough dressed limestone rubble with tufa and ashlar.
The Pheasantry with Wall, Railings and Gate on W Side of Lady Rash Walk
Gamekeeper's house with wall, railings, gate piers and gates on north-east side. c1875 for the first Marchioness of Ripon. Coursed squared gritstone, purple and grey slate roof.
Banqueting House c. 100 M to W of Canal
Banqueting house. 1728-32. By Thomas Buck, mason, under the direction of Robert Doe probably to a design by Colen Campbell.
Pillar. c1730 reconstructed c1970. For John Aislabie.
Statue and Pedestal on W Side of S Crescent Pond
Statue of Bacchus. c1730 for John Aislabie, restored c1970. Lead statue, ashlar pedestal restored.
Grotto on N Side of Reservoir
Grotto. c1730, probably by Robert Doe, for John Aislabie. Tufa and limestone rubble, part rock-cut.