Quick Facts on the Florence Baptistery
- Short URL
- Baptistery of St. John Battistero di San Giovanni Florence Baptistery
- Piazza San Giovanni Florence, Tuscany50129
- Main date(s)
- c. 1050
- baptisteries central plan buildings Early Christianity octagonal buildings Romanesque World Heritage Sites (#174; Jan 01, 1982)
- 43.773188° N,
- Opening hours
- Mon-Sat noon-6:30pm
- €3, free for children under 6
- The first baptistery of Florence is constructed in the 5th or early 6th century next to the ancient cathedral. It is smaller than the present baptistery but similar in form and in the same location.
Have you visited the Florence Baptistery, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!