Nazca Lines Peru 200 BCE-600 CE
A high plateau in southern Peru is home to the remarkable Nazca Lines - giant earth drawings of a hummingbird, monkey, spider, lizard, and other shapes created between 200 BCE and 600 CE.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on Nazca Lines
- Go Historic ID
- Nazca LinesLineas de NazcaNasca Lines
- 14.701505° S, 75.137043° W
- Aveni, Anthony F.. Between the Lines: The Mystery of the Giant Ground Drawings of Ancient Nasca, Peru. University of Texas Press. 2000. Print.
- Silverman, Helaine. The Nasca (Peoples of America Series). Wiley-Blackwell. 2002. Print.
- Kroeber, Alfred and Patrick Carmichael (ed.). The Archaeology and Pottery of Nazca, Peru: Alfred Kroeber's 1926 Expedition. AltaMira Press. 1998. Print.
- Hadingham, E.. Lines to the Mountain Gods: Nazca and the Mysteries of Peru. University of Oklahoma Press. 1988. Print.
- Proulx, Donald A.. A Sourcebook of Nasca Ceramic Iconography: Reading a Culture through Its Art. University Of Iowa Press. 2006. Print.