Quick Facts on the Pump Room
- Short URL
- Grand Pump Room Pump Room Pump Room, Bath
- Abbey Churchyard Bath
- Bath localityBath and North East Somerset districtSomerset countyEngland countryUnited Kingdom countryEurope continent
- Main date(s)
- 51.381203° N,
- Opening hours
- Morning coffee menu: 9.30am-noon
Lunch menu: noon-2:30pm
Afternoon tea: 2:30-5pm
Last orders at 4pm
- Free to enter; menu prices are steep.
- 01225 444477
- Construction begins on the Pump Room in Bath, starting in the main block under architect Thomas Baldwin.
- Thomas Baldwin resigns as architect of the Pump Room.
- Construction of the Pump Room continues under Palmer.
The interior of the Pump Room is an elegant hall decorated with Corinthian fluted columns. A deep cove separates the entablature from the flat ceiling. A niche on the west side contains the Pump Room fountain, which still dispenses hot mineral water from the springs. Though not very tasty, for centuries this water has been regarded as having healing properties.Holly Hayes
October 27, 2011
Have you visited the Pump Room, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!