Church of St James Little Milton, England 1844
The Church of St James in Little Milton, Oxfordshire, was built in 1844 and is characterized by a long nave and chancel and tall west tower.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on the Church of St James
- Go Historic ID
- Church of St JamesLittle Milton Church
- 51.702031° N, 1.107452° W
- main dates
- 1844 constructed
- Gothic Revival late 14th C style
Listed Building Description“The National Heritage List for England,” English HeritageNovember 30, 2011Reprinted with permission on August 28, 2012.
SP 6100 LITTLE MILTON CHURCH HILL (West side) 13/76 Church of St James 18/07/63 - II Church. 1844, tower 1861. By John Hayward of Exeter. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; concrete plain-tile roof. 4-bay aisleless nave with short chancel, west tower, south porch and vestry to north of chancel. Late C14 style. East and west windows are of 3 traceried lights, the rest of 2 except for a cinquefoil lancet in the chancel south wall. continue reading →
- The National Heritage List for England. English Heritage. November 30, 2011. Web.