Quick Facts on the Eldridge Street Synagogue
- Short URL
- Eldridge Street Synagogue Eldridge Street Synagogue, New York City Museum at Eldridge Street Synagogue
- 12 Eldridge Street New York10002
- Main date(s)
- 40.714746° N,
- Opening hours
- Sun-Thu 10-5
Closed Fri, Sat and major Jewish holidays.
- $10 adults, $8 students/seniors, children 5-18 $6, families $15.
Free Monday morning admission, 10am-noon
- The Eldridge Street Project
- December 2007
- Eldridge Street Synagogue reopens after 20 years
- The Eldridge Street Synagogue wins the National Trust for Historic Preservation 2008 Preservation Award.
Description of the Eldridge Street Synagogue
The Museum at Eldridge Street Synagogue presents the culture, history and traditions of Jewish immigrants on the Lower East Side drawing parallels with the diverse cultural communities that have settled in America. The Museum offers guided tours of the restored synagogue (a National Historic Landmark), exhibits and cultural programs, including concerts, neighborhood walking tours and film screenings.Holly Hayes
October 27, 2011
Have you visited the Eldridge Street Synagogue, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!