Valley of the Kings Luxor, Egypt c. 1550-1000 BCE
This famed valley on the West Bank of the Nile was the burial place for pharaohs and nobles from 1539 BC to 1075 BC. It contains some 60 tombs, including the famous King Tut's Tomb.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on Valley of the Kings
- Go Historic ID
- Valley of the Kings"Place of Truth"Theban Necropolis
- 25.740833° N, 32.601667° E
- Theban Hills
- Allen, Susan J., James P. Allen (introduction), and Harry Burton (photographer). Tutankhamun's Tomb: The Thrill of Discovery: Photographs by Harry Burton. Metropolitan Museum of Art. 2006. Print.
- Meyerson, Daniel. In the Valley of the Kings: Howard Carter and the Mystery of King Tutankhamun's Tomb. Ballantine Books. 2009. Print.
- Reeves, Nicholas. The Complete Valley of the Kings: Tombs and Treasures of Egypt's Greatest Pharaohs. Thames & Hudson. 2002. Print.