Rosslyn Chapel Roslin, Scotland 1446
This remarkable chapel just south of Edinburgh is famous for its unique decorative art and its mysterious associations with the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail and the Freemasons.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on Rosslyn Chapel
- Go Historic ID
- Rosslyn ChapelCollegiate Church of St MatthewRoslin Chapel
- 55.855445° N, 3.159851° W
- main dates
- 1446 constructed
- EH25 9PU
- +44 (0)131 440 2159
Melrose Abbey and Rosslyn ChapelPosted September 28, 2010 by Holly Hayes Part of: UK and Western Europe
Sunday morning in Melrose we enjoyed a full Scottish breakfast, which includes all the usual suspects of the full English (ham, sausage, eggs, tomato, mushrooms) plus a potato scone, haggis and black pudding. The potato scone is a delicious, soft pancake-type triangle of mashed potato and flour fried in oil, haggis is…
- Turnbull, Michael T.R.B.. Rosslyn Chapel Revealed. The History Press. 2009. Print.
- Allan, Ian. The Rosslyn Hoax? Viewing Rosslyn Chapel from a New Perspective. Print.
- Maggi, Angelo. Rosslyn Chapel: An Icon Through the Ages. Polygon. 2008. Print.
- Butler, Alan . Rosslyn Revealed: A Library in Stone. John Hunt Publishing. 2006. Print.
- Coppens, Philip. The Stone Puzzle of Rosslyn Chapel: The Truth Behind its Templar and Masonic Secrets. Adventures Unlimited Press. 2004. Print.