Quick Facts on Brasenose College
- Short URL
- B.N.C. Brasenose College Brasenose College, Oxford King's Hall and College of Brasenose
- Radcliffe Square OxfordOX1 4AJ
- Main date(s)
- 1509-18; 1656-63; 1882-1911
- 51.753055° N,
- Opening hours
- Daily 2-5pm
- 01865 277 830
- Construction of the Old Quad at Brasenose College.
- Construction of the New Quadrangle and renovation of the chapel by T.G. Jackson.
- Brasenose College purchases the house in Stamford on which the stolen brazen-nose knocker is displayed. Today it is displayed in the Hall.
Description of Brasenose College
Brasenose College has an intimate and cozy feel that is typical of the smaller late medieval colleges. It is clustered around three main quadrangles, none very large. Entrance to the college is from Radcliffe Square.Holly Hayes
October 27, 2011
Have you visited Brasenose College, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!