Quick Facts on Parma Cathedral
- Short URL
- Duomo di Parma Parma Cathedral
- Parma, Emilia-Romagna
- Main date(s)
- 44.803268° N,
- Opening hours
- Daily 9am-12:30pm and 3-7pm
- View hotels near Parma Cathedral
- Construction begins on Parma Cathedral.
- Parma Cathedral survives an earthquake with little damage.
- Benedetto Antelami completes the Deposition from the Cross relief, one of his earliest known works, for Parma Cathedral.
- Parma Cathedral is given a stone vault and a west portal. The latter is the work of Benedetto Antelami and his workshop.
- The west faÃ§ade of Parma Cathedral is modified by Giambono da Bissone.
- Construction of the campanile of Parma Cathedral.
Description of Parma Cathedral
With its attached campanile, separate baptistery and bishop's palace, all surviving from the same period, Parma Cathedral forms part of one of the finest Romanesque complexes in Italy. Be sure to view it not only from the plaza to the west, but also from the back, where the tall chevet makes a very impressive sight.Holly Hayes
May 6, 2011
Have you visited Parma Cathedral, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!