Basilica of St. Mark Venice, Italy
A Byzantine wonder that looks more like Istanbul than Italy, the 11th-century Basilica di San Marco is covered in domes, lined with golden mosaics, and filled with ancient art treasures.
Facts & Stats on the Basilica of St. Mark
- Go Historic ID
- Basilica di San MarcoBasilica of St. MarkBasilica Cattedrale Patriarcale di San MarcoSt. Mark's Basilica
Visitor & Contact Information
Resources for the Basilica of St. Mark
- Early Christian and Byzantine Architecture
- Venice: Buildings: S Marco Grove Art Online.
- San Marco, Byzantium, and the Myths of Venice
- Piazza San Marco
- The Mosaics of San Marco in Venice
- The Mosaic Decoration of San Marco, Venice
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Medieval Art and Architecture
- Official Website of the Basilica of St. Mark Official website.
Table of Contents
About This Listing
- Last Updated
- February 4, 2015
- First Published
- October 8, 2013
- Submitted by
- Holly Hayes
- Basilica of St. Mark - Venice, Italy