Notre Dame Cathedral Paris, France 1163-1345
One of the most famous cathedrals in the world, this 12th-century Gothic beauty is a must-see for its historical importance and magnificent art.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on Notre Dame Cathedral
- Go Historic ID
- Notre Dame CathedralCathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
- 48.852977° N, 2.349937° E
- 6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Goodnight from ParisPosted October 30, 2012 by Holly Hayes Part of: Solo UK and France by Train
Just time for a quick photo tonight, of the famous Notre-Dame Cathedral. I'll tell you about how I got this photo (taken just a few hours ago), plus several other Paris highlights, next time!…
A Day in ParisPosted July 24, 2008 by Holly Hayes Part of: The Great European Road Trip
On Monday we caught the 9:13 AM train from Chartres to Paris, which was incredibly easy since the train station is just down the hill from our hotel. The fare was not cheap at €23 return, but still better than in the UK. The train was clean and mostly empty and the one-hour ride was smooth and fast. Paris has many…
- Gray-Durant, Delia. Blue Guide Paris. Blue Guide. 2006. Print.
- “Paris: Buildings: Notre-Dame.” Grove Art Online. Web.
- Hugo, Victor. Notre-Dame de Paris . Oxford University Press, USA. 1999. Print.
- Erlande-Brandenburg, Alain. Notre-Dame de Paris. Abradale Press / Harry N. Abrams, Inc., Publishers. 1999. Print.
- Camille, Michael. The Gargoyles of Notre-Dame: Medievalism and the Monsters of Modernity. University Of Chicago Press. 2009. Print.