St. Peter's Basilica Vatican City
St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City is the world headquarters of Roman Catholicism and one of the largest churches in the world. Founded by Constantine the Great in 324, it stands over the tomb of Saint Peter the Apostle.
Facts & Stats on St. Peter's Basilica
- Basilica di San PietroSt. Peter's BasilicaMichelangelo's DomeShrine of St. Peter
- 318198 Go Historic286 World Heritage Site
- Piazza San Pietro
- 41.902181° N, 12.453346° E
- Official Website
Resources for St. Peter's Basilica (6)
- Basilica: The Splendor and the Scandal: Building St. Peter's
- The Churches and Catacombs of Early Christian Rome: A Comprehensive Guide
- High Renaissance Art in St. Peter's and the Vatican: An Interpretive Guide
- National Geographic Inside the Vatican
- Official Website of St. Peter's Basilica Official website.
- St. Peter's in the Vatican