Shrine of Padre Pio San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Located in southern Italy, this is the second-most visited Catholic shrine in the world. It centers on the tomb of St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina, a Capuchin friar, priest and mystic known for his devotion.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on Shrine of Padre Pio
- Go Historic ID
- Shrine of Padre PioSanctuario San Padre Pio
- 41.708244° N, 15.705063° E
- 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
- 0882/417 214
San Giovanni Rotondo, Monte Sant'Angelo, Troia CathedralPosted April 4, 2008 by Holly Hayes Part of: The Great European Road Trip
Greetings from rainy Ruvo di Puglia! More on our current base soon, but first I have to back up to Monday (March 31) because it was really fun and interesting. We spent a long but good day of driving to three sights from our base in Lucera: San Giovanni Rotondo, Monte Sant'Angelo and Troia. San Giovanni Rotondo First…
- Allegri, Renzo. Padre Pio: A Man of Hope. St. Anthony Messenger Press. 2000. Print.
- Allen, Diane. Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry: True Stories of Padre Pio. Aventine Press. 2009. Print.
- Padre Pio: Miracle Man (DVD).
- Official Website of Shrine of Padre Pio. Web. Official website.