Quick Facts on Museum Amstelkring
- Short URL
- Church of Our Lord in the Attic Church of Our Lord in the Attic, Amsterdam Museum Amstelkring
- Oude Zijde Voorburgwal 40 Amsterdam, North Holland
- Main date(s)
- 52.375083° N,
- Opening hours
- Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 1-5
- The priest Ludovicus Reiniers purchases the property and makes some renovations, including the addition of another stairway in the church, remodeling of the facade, and removing the stag outside. By this time the church is known as the Church of Our Lord in the Attic.
- The new St. Niklaaskerk is dedicated, replacing Our Lord in the Attic as the Catholic parish church in Amsterdam. To save the latter from demolition, a group of Catholics pool their funds to purchase and preserve it.
- 28 April 1888
- The Church of Our Lord in the Attic opens to the public on weekdays, making it the second oldest museum in Amsterdam (after the Rijksmuseum).
Have you visited Museum Amstelkring, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!