Quick Facts on St. Peter's Basilica
- Basilica di San Pietro Michelangelo's Dome Shrine of St. Peter St. Peter's Basilica St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
- Main date(s)
- art historical site basilica brick church marble pilgrimage destination pilgrimage site Renaissance Roman Catholicism shrine World Heritage Site (#286; Jan 01, 1984)
- Opening hours
- Basilica, sacristy, treasury: Oct-Mar daily 9am-6pm; Apr-Sept daily 9am-7pm.
Grottoes: daily 8am-5pm
Dome: Oct-Mar daily 8am-5pm; Apr-Sept 8am-6pm
- Basilica (including grottoes): free. Dome: stairs €4; elevator €5 Treasury: €4
- 06-69881662 (for information on worship services)
Have you visited St. Peter's Basilica, or do you have personal connections or insider knowledge? Please tell us about it below!