Sioux Ordnance Depot Fire & Guard Headquarters, Sidney

Sioux Ord Depot Fire Dept
view all photos »

The Sioux Ordnance Depot Fire & Guard Headquarters, constructed in 1942, is located on the grounds of a former World War II U. S. Army munitions depot nine miles northwest of Sidney, Cheyenne County, Nebraska.

Go Historic ID
396042
Short URL
gohist.co/396042
Names
Sioux Ordnance Depot Fire & Guard Headquarters
Address
Jct. of 1st Ave. and Military Rd., Western Nebraska Community College
Sidney, Nebraska
Date Published
October 8, 2013
Last Updated
April 11, 2015

Timeline

Resources

  1. Nomination Form National Register of Historic Places.
  2. Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Western Nebraska Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields.
  3. Remembering Sioux Army Depot Ink Well Productions.
    “They stand like lonely outposts, vestiges of a bygone era, and from a distance on a clear day they look like an enormous prairie dog town. The 801 ammunition storage igloos at the former Sioux Army Depot are nearly forgotten now, lined up in the wheat fields outside Sidney, Nebraska as far as the eye can see. ”
  4. Nomination Form National Register of Historic Places.