Reconstructed in the mid-11th century, the cathedral baptistery is one of Florence's oldest buildings and greatest art treasures. It is covered inside and out with splendid medieval and Renaissance decoration.
References & Resources
- The Gates of Paradise: Lorenzo Ghiberti's Renaissance Masterpiece
- The Feud That Sparked the Renaissance: How Brunelleschi and Ghiberti Changed the Art World
- The Origins of Renaissance Art: The Baptistery Doors, Florence
- The Baptistery of San Giovanni in Florence
- Official Website of the Florence Baptistery Official website.