Vatican Museums Vatican City
The Vatican Museums are among the best in the world, with treasures including classical sculptures, early Christian artifacts, Egyptian mummies and Renaissance masterpieces.
Quick Facts Quick Facts on the Vatican Museums
- Go Historic ID
- Vatican MuseumsMusei VaticaniMuseo Vaticano
- 41.905491° N, 12.454602° E
- Viale Vaticano00165
- 0039 06 69884676
0039 06 69883145
Rome Day 4Posted November 18, 2010 by Holly Hayes Part of: UK and Western Europe
Our last full day in Rome (Sat Nov 13) had a much lighter agenda, but we still got a whole lot of exercise. The main goal of the day was to visit the Colosseum before it closed and squeeze in a couple more churches. We more or less made a beeline for the Colosseum in the morning, but made a stop at a church I really…
- Hersey, George L.. High Renaissance Art in St. Peter's and the Vatican: An Interpretive Guide. Print.
- Bruschini, Enrico. Vatican Masterpieces. Scala Publishers. 2006. Print.
- The Vatican Museums.
- Collins, Michael. The Vatican: Secrets and Treasures of the Holy City. DK ADULT. 2011. Print.
- Bruschini, Enrico. In the Footsteps of Popes: A Spirited Guide to the Treasures of the Vatican. Harper Perennial. 2009. Print.