- 7 Oct 2008
7, Linton Road designated a Grade II listed building
7, Linton Road is listed on the National Heritage List for England with the following data. Some information may have become outdated since the date of listing. Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.
- List Entry ID
- 7, LINTON ROAD
- 7, LINTON ROAD
- Grid Reference
- SP 51141 08193
612/0/10135 LINTON ROAD 07-OCT-08 7
GV II BUILDING: House
ARCHITECT: Arthur Hamilton Moberly
MATERIALS: Brick, in English bond, with pale red stretchers and buff/blue headers; deeper red brick window dressings, first-floor band and raised quoins. Wooden eaves cornice with bracket blocks. Hipped plain tile roof with sprocketted eaves and tile-hanging to gablets and dormer cheeks. Symmetrical brick ridge stacks with arched panels. Ornamental cast iron rainwater heads. Boxed sashes with glazing bars; dormer casements with leaded glazing.
FAÇADE: Neo-Georgian style. 2 storeys and attic. Front to Northmoor Road has 3 sashes to centre, and full-height canted bays to either side. Four 2-light roof dormers. Doorway to left of centre with quoined jambs and panelled wooden hood on shaped brackets. Door with 6 chamfered panels, lions' head knocker and leaded over-light. South end gives 2-window front to Linton Road, with 4-light dormer under twin hipped roof. North end has canted first-floor oriel, and single-storey service bay extended to provide garage and garden pavilion. Rear has large leaded stair window.
INTERIORS: panelled lobby with classical arched door to stair hall. Stairs in Georgian style with turned balusters, panelled dado, and stop-chamfered ceiling beam. Stick balusters to landing. Drawing room across south end has wall piers flanking wide fireplace with pulvinated cornice and turquoise tiles...
- 20, Nmoor Road 0.069 mi away
- J. R. R. Tolkien House, Oxford 0.071 mi away
- 2, Nmoor Road 0.117 mi away
- 2-4, Charlbury Road 0.135 mi away
- 121, Banbury Road 0.138 mi away
- 105, Banbury Road 0.139 mi away
- 1, Belbroughton Road 0.157 mi away
- St Hugh's College Main Building 0.227 mi away
- St Hugh's College Lodges and Gates 0.227 mi away
- Wolfson College 0.240 mi away
- 68 and 70, Banbury Road, Oxford 0.250 mi away
- Letterbox at W End of Crescent Garden, Oxford 0.253 mi away
- Somerville House, Oxford 0.267 mi away
- 1-61, Parktown, Oxford 0.273 mi away
- 89, Banbury Road, Oxford 0.286 mi away
- “7, LINTON ROAD.” The National Heritage List for England. Web. Accessed 8 Oct. 2013. <https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1392927>