Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls Places Nearby

5, Millers Green

6 m (0.004 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

4b, Millers Green

13 m (0.008 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

4a, Millers Green

17 m (0.011 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

Number 7 and Attached Wall

27 m (0.017 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, the upper floor and attic converted to a separate flat. 1667-70, for William Lambe, gentleman. Incorporates medieval walls; major C18 and early C19 alterations and extension.

3, Millers Green

29 m (0.018 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

30 m (0.019 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Church House

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

The Old Mill House

39 m (0.024 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. The west wing built as a house c1700. Probably incorporates some of the structure of the water mill of the former Abbey of St Peter which remained on the site until C17; the north wing built as a separate dwelling between 1716 and 1727; in late C18 the wings linked to form a single house; late C18 alterations.

Cathedral Cloister

40 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

The Deanery and Attached Forecourt Walls and Railings

40 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Built between 1731 and 1741 and leased to Peter Haynes, gentleman; internal alterations c1810 and c1938. Since 1938 the Deanery, but formerly the cathedral organist's house.

Inner Gate Adjoining Number 15 College Green

41 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gatehouse. C14, with C16 and C18 alterations. Rubble, ashlar and dressed stone details.

Little Cloister House

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

Community House and Attached Wall with Piers

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House assigned to the Prebendary of the Fifth Stall of Gloucester Cathedral, now offices. 1774, replacing an earlier house, but retaining some evidence of a medieval range, mid C19 alterations and additions...

Little Cloister

54 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

60 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

St Marys Gate Adjoining Number 14 College Green

62 m (0.039 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Formerly known as: College Gate COLLEGE GREEN. Gatehouse, now includes offices. Late C12, refronted and heightened in early C13; for the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter as the Great Gate to the Outer Court of the monastery, now part of College Green; altered in C18 and restored in late C19 by FS Waller for the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral.

Monument House

62 m (0.039 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Includes: Monument House ST MARY'S STREET. Town house, now converted to include a flat in addition to the main dwelling. c1770, may incorporate earlier structure.

14, College Green

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House assigned to the Prebendary of the Sixth Stall of Gloucester Cathedral, now house and part of office. Incorporates substantial remains of a monastic building, possibly the Almonery of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter...

Gazebo in SW Corner of Kings School Garden

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gazebo in south west corner of the grounds of the King's School (qv), formerly the garden of the Bishop's Palace; early to mid C18 for Bishop Benson (1734-52) in classical style; originally built further to the north close to the west flank of the of the cathedral precinct wall and rebuilt in 1988 on present site following partial collapse of the precinct wall...