5, Millers Green Places Nearby

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

6 m (0.004 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

4b, Millers Green

11 m (0.007 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

4a, Millers Green

13 m (0.008 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

3, Millers Green

23 m (0.014 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

26 m (0.016 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Number 7 and Attached Wall

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, the upper floor and attic converted to a separate flat. 1667-70, for William Lambe, gentleman. Incorporates medieval walls; major C18 and early C19 alterations and extension.

Cathedral Cloister

35 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

Little Cloister House

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

Church House

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

The Old Mill House

43 m (0.027 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. The west wing built as a house c1700. Probably incorporates some of the structure of the water mill of the former Abbey of St Peter which remained on the site until C17; the north wing built as a separate dwelling between 1716 and 1727; in late C18 the wings linked to form a single house; late C18 alterations.

The Deanery and Attached Forecourt Walls and Railings

46 m (0.029 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Built between 1731 and 1741 and leased to Peter Haynes, gentleman; internal alterations c1810 and c1938. Since 1938 the Deanery, but formerly the cathedral organist's house.

Little Cloister

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Inner Gate Adjoining Number 15 College Green

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gatehouse. C14, with C16 and C18 alterations. Rubble, ashlar and dressed stone details.

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Community House and Attached Wall with Piers

54 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House assigned to the Prebendary of the Fifth Stall of Gloucester Cathedral, now offices. 1774, replacing an earlier house, but retaining some evidence of a medieval range, mid C19 alterations and additions...

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

Kings School Gymnasium

64 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Remains of Monastic Infirmary

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the former Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. In C17 the east end of the infirmary, formerly St Bridget's Chapel, demolished, and the west end incorporated in a cluster of tenements called Babylon; in 1860 the tenements removed and the surviving C13 masonry exposed and consolidated.

St Marys Gate Adjoining Number 14 College Green

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Formerly known as: College Gate COLLEGE GREEN. Gatehouse, now includes offices. Late C12, refronted and heightened in early C13; for the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter as the Great Gate to the Outer Court of the monastery, now part of College Green; altered in C18 and restored in late C19 by FS Waller for the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral.