4a, Millers Green Places Nearby

3, Millers Green

12 m (0.007 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

4b, Millers Green

14 m (0.009 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

5, Millers Green

22 m (0.014 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

Little Cloister House

24 m (0.015 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

26 m (0.016 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

33 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

The Old Mill House

40 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. The west wing built as a house c1700. Probably incorporates some of the structure of the water mill of the former Abbey of St Peter which remained on the site until C17; the north wing built as a separate dwelling between 1716 and 1727; in late C18 the wings linked to form a single house; late C18 alterations.

Little Cloister

41 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Cathedral Cloister

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Number 7 and Attached Wall

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, the upper floor and attic converted to a separate flat. 1667-70, for William Lambe, gentleman. Incorporates medieval walls; major C18 and early C19 alterations and extension.

North Precinct Wall

52 m (0.032 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the precinct wall of the former Abbey of St Peter on the south side of Pitt Street between the entrance to the King's School (qv), on the north side of the precinct, and the north-west corner of the precinct at the junction of Pitt Street and St Mary's Street...

The Deanery and Attached Forecourt Walls and Railings

52 m (0.032 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Built between 1731 and 1741 and leased to Peter Haynes, gentleman; internal alterations c1810 and c1938. Since 1938 the Deanery, but formerly the cathedral organist's house.

Remains of Monastic Infirmary

58 m (0.036 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the former Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. In C17 the east end of the infirmary, formerly St Bridget's Chapel, demolished, and the west end incorporated in a cluster of tenements called Babylon; in 1860 the tenements removed and the surviving C13 masonry exposed and consolidated.

Church House

58 m (0.036 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

Palace Cottage (The Kings School)

59 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The coach house, stables and servant's lodgings of the former Bishop's Palace, now independent school building of the King's School (qv). Dated 1861 on rainwater heads, with C20 alterations...

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

60 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Gazebo in SW Corner of Kings School Garden

60 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gazebo in south west corner of the grounds of the King's School (qv), formerly the garden of the Bishop's Palace; early to mid C18 for Bishop Benson (1734-52) in classical style; originally built further to the north close to the west flank of the of the cathedral precinct wall and rebuilt in 1988 on present site following partial collapse of the precinct wall...

Inner Gate Adjoining Number 15 College Green

62 m (0.039 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gatehouse. C14, with C16 and C18 alterations. Rubble, ashlar and dressed stone details.