Remains of Monastic Infirmary Places Nearby

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

12 m (0.007 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Little Cloister

26 m (0.016 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Dulverton House (Kings School)

29 m (0.018 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Infirmary's Lodging, now independent school house, part of the King's School. The core of the house probably the Infirmarer's Lodging attached to the Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, with some remains of the infirmary chapel of St Bridget; after 1540 remodelled and enlarged as the cathedral's prebendal house assigned to the prebendary of the third stall...

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

32 m (0.020 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

13, Pitt Street

32 m (0.020 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Late C18 with C20 alterations, may incorporate earlier structure. Brick stuccoed on front, end-gabled tiled roof, brick stack.

Little Cloister House

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

12, Pitt Street

38 m (0.024 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Late C18 with mid C20 alterations. Brick with stuccoed fronts, end-gabled tiled roof, brick stack.

7-11, Pitt Street

39 m (0.024 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Terrace of five houses. Late C18 with minor C19 alterations. Brick, end-gabled roof, brick stacks.

Kings School Gymnasium

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

3, Millers Green

50 m (0.031 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Former Coach House to NE of Dulverton House (Kings School)

51 m (0.032 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The coach house to Dulverton House (qv), now store, part of the King's School. Early C19. Brick, half-hipped tiled roof.

6, Pitt Street

52 m (0.032 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now part of the King's School and assigned to the School Bursar. Late C18, with mid C19 minor alterations. Brick with brighter red brick details, tiled roof, brick stack.

Cathedral Cloister

55 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

Cathedral Chapter House

59 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

5, Pitt Street

60 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now part of public school boarding house, linked with and entered from Paddock House, Pitt Street (qv) adjoining to right. Late C18, minor mid C19 alterations...

4a, Millers Green

64 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

North Precinct Wall

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the precinct wall of the former Abbey of St Peter on the south side of Pitt Street between the entrance to the King's School (qv), on the north side of the precinct, and the north-west corner of the precinct at the junction of Pitt Street and St Mary's Street...

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

67 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Cathedral Treasury, Vestry and Library

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Cathedral treasury and cathedral library. c1100, late C12 and C14, restored in C19 and C20. Ashlar and rubble, gabled stone slate roof.