Little Cloister House Places Nearby

3, Millers Green

13 m (0.008 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Little Cloister

17 m (0.011 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

26 m (0.016 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

4a, Millers Green

27 m (0.017 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

33 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

Remains of Monastic Infirmary

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the former Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. In C17 the east end of the infirmary, formerly St Bridget's Chapel, demolished, and the west end incorporated in a cluster of tenements called Babylon; in 1860 the tenements removed and the surviving C13 masonry exposed and consolidated.

Cathedral Cloister

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

4b, Millers Green

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

5, Millers Green

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

39 m (0.024 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

Kings School Gymnasium

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

North Precinct Wall

55 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the precinct wall of the former Abbey of St Peter on the south side of Pitt Street between the entrance to the King's School (qv), on the north side of the precinct, and the north-west corner of the precinct at the junction of Pitt Street and St Mary's Street...

Cathedral Chapter House

59 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

Dulverton House (Kings School)

59 m (0.037 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Infirmary's Lodging, now independent school house, part of the King's School. The core of the house probably the Infirmarer's Lodging attached to the Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, with some remains of the infirmary chapel of St Bridget; after 1540 remodelled and enlarged as the cathedral's prebendal house assigned to the prebendary of the third stall...

Church House

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

The Old Mill House

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. The west wing built as a house c1700. Probably incorporates some of the structure of the water mill of the former Abbey of St Peter which remained on the site until C17; the north wing built as a separate dwelling between 1716 and 1727; in late C18 the wings linked to form a single house; late C18 alterations.

13, Pitt Street

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Late C18 with C20 alterations, may incorporate earlier structure. Brick stuccoed on front, end-gabled tiled roof, brick stack.

Cathedral Treasury, Vestry and Library

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Cathedral treasury and cathedral library. c1100, late C12 and C14, restored in C19 and C20. Ashlar and rubble, gabled stone slate roof.