Little Cloister Places Nearby

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

11 m (0.007 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Little Cloister House

17 m (0.011 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

20 m (0.012 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Remains of Monastic Infirmary

23 m (0.014 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the former Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. In C17 the east end of the infirmary, formerly St Bridget's Chapel, demolished, and the west end incorporated in a cluster of tenements called Babylon; in 1860 the tenements removed and the surviving C13 masonry exposed and consolidated.

3, Millers Green

29 m (0.018 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Cathedral Cloister

30 m (0.019 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

Kings School Gymnasium

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

40 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Dulverton House (Kings School)

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Infirmary's Lodging, now independent school house, part of the King's School. The core of the house probably the Infirmarer's Lodging attached to the Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, with some remains of the infirmary chapel of St Bridget; after 1540 remodelled and enlarged as the cathedral's prebendal house assigned to the prebendary of the third stall...

4a, Millers Green

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

Cathedral Chapter House

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

Kings School and Remains of Abbots Lodging

46 m (0.029 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of Abbot's Lodging on OS Map The Bishops of Gloucester's palace, now independent school building. 1861. By Ewan Christian, on the site of, and incorporating, some minor remains of the house built c1316 for the Abbots of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; from 1541 used as the Bishop's Palace; in 1955 the palace converted for use as the main building of the King's School housing principally administrative offices and classrooms.

5, Millers Green

48 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

4b, Millers Green

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

54 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

Cathedral Treasury, Vestry and Library

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Cathedral treasury and cathedral library. c1100, late C12 and C14, restored in C19 and C20. Ashlar and rubble, gabled stone slate roof.

13, Pitt Street

58 m (0.036 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Late C18 with C20 alterations, may incorporate earlier structure. Brick stuccoed on front, end-gabled tiled roof, brick stack.

12, Pitt Street

64 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Late C18 with mid C20 alterations. Brick with stuccoed fronts, end-gabled tiled roof, brick stack.

7-11, Pitt Street

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Terrace of five houses. Late C18 with minor C19 alterations. Brick, end-gabled roof, brick stacks.

North Precinct Wall

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the precinct wall of the former Abbey of St Peter on the south side of Pitt Street between the entrance to the King's School (qv), on the north side of the precinct, and the north-west corner of the precinct at the junction of Pitt Street and St Mary's Street...