Church House Places Nearby

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

29 m (0.018 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

5, Millers Green

36 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

Number 7 and Attached Wall

39 m (0.024 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, the upper floor and attic converted to a separate flat. 1667-70, for William Lambe, gentleman. Incorporates medieval walls; major C18 and early C19 alterations and extension.

Cathedral Cloister

42 m (0.026 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

4b, Millers Green

46 m (0.029 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

Inner Gate Adjoining Number 15 College Green

47 m (0.029 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gatehouse. C14, with C16 and C18 alterations. Rubble, ashlar and dressed stone details.

4a, Millers Green

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

War Memorial to Royal Gloucestershire Hussars Yeomanry

49 m (0.030 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
War memorial. Unveiled 1922. By Cash and Wright, with cast bronze bas-relief panels by Adrian Jones.

Community House and Attached Wall with Piers

53 m (0.033 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House assigned to the Prebendary of the Fifth Stall of Gloucester Cathedral, now offices. 1774, replacing an earlier house, but retaining some evidence of a medieval range, mid C19 alterations and additions...

3, Millers Green

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

The Deanery and Attached Forecourt Walls and Railings

62 m (0.039 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Built between 1731 and 1741 and leased to Peter Haynes, gentleman; internal alterations c1810 and c1938. Since 1938 the Deanery, but formerly the cathedral organist's house.

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Little Cloister House

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

The Old Mill House

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. The west wing built as a house c1700. Probably incorporates some of the structure of the water mill of the former Abbey of St Peter which remained on the site until C17; the north wing built as a separate dwelling between 1716 and 1727; in late C18 the wings linked to form a single house; late C18 alterations.

Kings School Gymnasium

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

Cathedral Chapter House

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

Entrance Gate Piers to Number 12 Beaufort House

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Pair of gate piers to front garden entrance of Beaufort House (qv). Early C18. Square brick piers capped by moulded stone cornices surmounted by stone balls on pedestals; on the front of each pier, immediately below the cornices, a stone panel inscribed "Beaufort" on left and "House" on right.

Little Cloister

70 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

St Marys Gate Adjoining Number 14 College Green

70 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Formerly known as: College Gate COLLEGE GREEN. Gatehouse, now includes offices. Late C12, refronted and heightened in early C13; for the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter as the Great Gate to the Outer Court of the monastery, now part of College Green; altered in C18 and restored in late C19 by FS Waller for the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral.