Church Farmhouse, Oxford

Quick Facts

Go Historic ID
359385
Names
Church Farmhouse
Coordinates
51.7845970° N, 1.2818730° W
view on Go Historic map
view on Google Maps
Listed on
Grade II listed building
listed building (England)

Location Map

Aerial view of Church Farmhouse, Oxford
Location map of Church Farmhouse, Oxford. Click image for a larger, interactive view.

Aerial View

Aerial view of Church Farmhouse, Oxford
Aerial view of Church Farmhouse, Oxford. Click image for a larger, interactive view.

Timeline

12 Jan 1954

Church Farmhouse designated a Grade II listed building

National Heritage List for England Data

Church Farmhouse is listed on the National Heritage List for England with the following data. Some information may have become outdated since the date of listing. Text courtesy of Historic England. © Crown Copyright, reprinted under the Open Government License.

List Entry ID
1047302
Grade
II
Name
CHURCH FARMHOUSE
Location
CHURCH FARMHOUSE, FIRST TURN
District
Oxford
County
Oxfordshire
Grid Reference
SP 49633 09792

FIRST TURN 1. 1485 Church Farmhouse SP 4909 17/9 12.1.54. II 2. Farmhouse. RCHM 285. C16, consisting of a North East-South West range facing South East with a wing on North West with a later pent to it on North East. In the West angle is a Cl9 addition. The Cl6 range is 2-storeyed coursed rubble with a stone slate roof and 2 red brick end shafts, that on the South West being on a moulded stone base and carried down the outside of the house; in the South East face are 3 2-light 1st floor modem casement windows; the ground floor has similar windows and an original stone doorway with a 4-centred arch, moulded stop-chamfered jambs and blank shields in the spandrels. The Cl9 addition has a Welsh slate roof and on the South West end, a 2-storeyed 3-sided stone bay on a brick base; in its North West face are 2 gables and modern sash windows. In the pent on the North East are 2 unequal sized gabled dormers. Interior:- RCHM p 187 a. Includes in the South ground floor room an original stone fireplace with Ionic oak pilasters and an oak overmantel of 3 bays, also some early C17 panelling used as a dado. In the North East wall of the kitchen in the North West wing some original wattle and daub filling has recently been exposed. The 1st floor original stone fireplace has a modern wood surround and shelf.

Listing NGR: SP4963309792

view full NHLE data

Bibliography

  1. “CHURCH FARMHOUSE.” The National Heritage List for England. Web. Accessed 8 Oct. 2013. <https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1047302>