Cloister, Gloucester Places Nearby

Cathedral Treasury, Vestry and Library

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Cathedral treasury and cathedral library. c1100, late C12 and C14, restored in C19 and C20. Ashlar and rubble, gabled stone slate roof.

Cathedral Chapter House

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

Wardle House

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
A prebendal house for a residentiary canon of Gloucester Cathedral, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv); 1677-1686, C18 alterations, remodelled and extended c1800...

17, College Green

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now offices. Late C1/ early C17 with C18 and late C19 alterations. Timber frame, rendered brick, end-gabled slate roof with hipped roof dormers, brick stack at rear.

Kings School Gymnasium

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

18, College Green

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, originally part of a larger dwelling which included No.17 College Green (qv), now offices C17 or earlier remodelled in C18, C20 additions and alterations...

Kings School House

65 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Formerly known as: Cathedral House CATHEDRAL PRECINCTS. Independent school house, part of the King's School; the larger portion used as the headmaster's residence, the former service wing now a flat...

Number 19 and Attached Forecourt Walls and Overthrow Arch

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Two former C17 houses on site rebuilt or substantially remodelled between 1712 and 1722, for Henry Abbott, Vicar of Barnwood, now single house, the ground floor converted to doctors' consulting rooms...

Cathedral Cloister

69 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

2, College Green

73 m (0.045 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now offices. 1665, but substantially remodelled or rebuilt c1820. Brick, stuccoed on front; slate roof.

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

75 m (0.047 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

St Michaels Gate

75 m (0.047 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Formerly known as: Gate to College Court COLLEGE GREEN. Pedestrian gateway in the former precinct wall of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now the Cathedral (qv); formerly known as Upper College Gate, an entrance leading into the south-east corner of College Green from College Court...

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

77 m (0.048 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Number 3 and Attached Area Railings

78 m (0.048 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now offices. c1740 for Elizabeth Palmer; early C19 and C20 alterations. Red brick with stone details, slate roof.

1, College Green

78 m (0.048 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Three tenements, later house, now two flats and an office. c1740 with C19 alterations. For Henry Williams, Yeoman.

Number 20 and Part of Abbey Precinct Wall

79 m (0.049 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Early C17 but reputed to contain C16 features, C18 additions and alterations; refronted and restored in late C19, minor C20 alterations; incorporates C12 abbey precinct wall on south side, and rear wing abuts part of C12 wall between the former monks' cemetery to the east and the lay cemetery to the west...

Number 4 and Attached Area Railings

81 m (0.050 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now offices. Early C18, late C19 and C20 alterations. Red brick with stone and timber details, slate roof hipped at south end, gabled dormers.

Church House

83 m (0.052 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

Little Cloister

88 m (0.055 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Dulverton House (Kings School)

88 m (0.055 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Infirmary's Lodging, now independent school house, part of the King's School. The core of the house probably the Infirmarer's Lodging attached to the Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, with some remains of the infirmary chapel of St Bridget; after 1540 remodelled and enlarged as the cathedral's prebendal house assigned to the prebendary of the third stall...