A high plateau in southern Peru is home to the remarkable Nazca Lines - giant earth drawings of a hummingbird, monkey, spider, lizard, and other shapes created between 200 BCE and 600 CE.
- Aveni, Anthony F.. “Between the Lines: The Mystery of the Giant Ground Drawings of Ancient Nasca, Peru”. June 15, 2000.
- Silverman, Helaine. “The Nasca (Peoples of America Series)”. March 11, 2002.
- Kroeber, Alfred and Patrick Carmichael (ed.). “The Archaeology and Pottery of Nazca, Peru: Alfred Kroeber's 1926 Expedition”. December 8, 1998.
- Hadingham, E.. “Lines to the Mountain Gods: Nazca and the Mysteries of Peru”. April 1, 1988.
- Proulx, Donald A.. “A Sourcebook of Nasca Ceramic Iconography: Reading a Culture through Its Art”. September 1, 2006.