Detail of stained glass in the east window, which dates from the 15th century and was originally displayed in Hailes Abbey. In 1789, the glass was taken from Hailes Abbey and installed in the church of the nearby Toddington estate. In the early 1900s, Hugh Andrewes, then owner of Toddington estate, installed the glass in Hailes Church as part of its restoration. The yellow stain and "short, ungraceful" character of the figures indicates the window's 15th-century date. Depicted are nine of the twelve apostles, with sentences from the Apostles' Creed inscribed above them. This reflects an early tradition that each article of the Creed was composed by a particular apostle. Hailes Church, 12th century. Hailes, Gloucestershire, England. Credit: Holly Hayes. All Rights Reserved.