Cappella Palatina Palermo, Italy

Cappella Palatina
Rui Ornelas All Images »

Located within the Norman Palace, the Palatine Chapel is the finest example of Arab-Norman art in Palermo. Built by Roger II from 1130 to 1140, it is adorned with extraordinary Byzantine mosaics.

Go Historic ID
248627
Best Known As
Cappella Palatina
Full Name
Cappella Palatina
Also Known As
Palatine Chapel
Coordinates
38.110900° N, 13.353600° E  (map)
Address
Piazza Indipendenza, Albergheria
Palermo, Italy
90129
Phone
091/7051111