The Vatican Museums are among the best in the world, with treasures including classical sculptures, early Christian artifacts, Egyptian mummies and Renaissance masterpieces.
- 50 BCE
Laocoon and His Sons sculpture group
Raphael leaves Florence to paint the Vatican Palace in Rome
- Mcdowell, Bart and James L. Stanfield (photographer). Inside the Vatican. National Geographic, 2009.
- Collins, Michael. The Vatican: Secrets and Treasures of the Holy City. DK ADULT, 2011.
- Bruschini, Enrico. In the Footsteps of Popes: A Spirited Guide to the Treasures of the Vatican. Harper Perennial, 2009.
- Pietrangeli, Carlo. Paintings in the Vatican. Bulfinch, 1996.
- vaticano, Vatican. Museo and Alessandro della Seta. Museum of the Vatican: with 121 illustrations. Nabu Press, 2010.
- Bruschini, Enrico. Vatican Masterpieces. Scala Publishers, 2006.
- Official Website of the Vatican Museums. Web. Accessed 1 Nov. 2016. <http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/MV_Home.html>
- The Vatican Museums. Janson Media.
- Hersey, George L.. High Renaissance Art in St. Peter's and the Vatican: An Interpretive Guide. .